I've been working on some small updates to the ABRP / OVMS Script, and I think it's more or less ready for some general testing. Some new features:
- Variable send rates
- Instead of sending only once per minute no matter what, the script now chooses an appropriate interval:
- Every 25 minutes if the car is inactive (maintains 'connected' indicator on ABRP app)
- At least every 30 seconds while driving or charging
- At most every 10 seconds if relevant telemetry has changed.
- Less setup required
- Car Model is determined by the ABRP server based on your token
- URL is now generic
- Script can be auto-started by ovmsmain.js
I've been running it for a day or so on my Leaf, and it works quite well.
You can try out the new script from here:
And feel free to suggest improvements!
If it works well for others too, I'll submit it as a pull request to the main repository and update the docs.
I do have one technical question I didn't find an answer for in the docs (or perhaps I was looking in the wrong places). Are there signals I could connect to for when the OVMS sleeps the modem so I can avoid trying to send data in when the OVMS is trying to sleep? This would help further improve the 12V battery impact of the script.