The first batch of production OVMS v3 modules and modems is now available for pre-order from fasttech.com. Specifications, Pricing, and details, follow.
Bundle Kit: OVMS v3.1 module (US$90) + OVMS v3.1 modem (US$60)
Existing users: US$130 (uses US$20 Fasttech discount coupon code for all OVMS v1/v2 users)
New users: US$150.
- Black injection-moulded plastic enclosure
- ESP32 WROVER processor (16MB flash, 4MB SPI RAM, 520KB SRAM, dual core 160/240MHz Xtensa LX6 processor)
- WIFI 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE
- 3x CAN buses
- 1x Micro USB connector (for flash download and serial console)
- 1x Micro SD card slot
- 1x Internal expansion slot
- 8x EGPIO, 2x GPIO
- 1x GSM antenna connector
- 1x GPS antenna connector
- 1x DB9 vehicle connector
- 1x DB26 expansion connector
- OVMS v3.1 SIM5360E 3G modem module (either US or EU edition)
- Modem is an optional plug-in module, that can be changed in future (to allow for new technology)
- 3G (EV-DO/HSPA+) dual band modem
- Includes 2G (GSM/GPRS) and 2.5G (EDGE) quad band
- Nano (4FF) SIM slot
- HOLOGRAM.IO nano sim
- US edition is SIM5360A (Dual-Band UMTS/HSPA+ 850/1900MHz, Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- EU edition is SIM5360J(E) (Dual-Band UMTS/HSPA+ 900/2100MHz, Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz)
First Production Batch
This first production batch is intended for experienced OVMS v2 users and v3 developers. Please note:
- Firmware is not complete, and should be considered beta
- Functionality is approximately equivalent to basic OVMS v2 firmware, but some advanced features (such as ACC, SMS control, etc) are not available yet
- Firmware is far in advance of v2 in other aspects (such as built in web server, metrics, console, tcp/ip support, diagnostics, geofencing, scripting, etc)
- Firmware can be updated either Over The Air (OTA), by Micro SD card, or over USB interface
- Vehicle support currently includes: Kia Soul EV, Nissan Leaf, Renault Twizy, Tesla Roadster
Antenna and Vehicle Connectors
The antenna and vehicle connectors for OVMS v3 are the same as for OVMS v2, and existing cables/antennas can generally be re-used for OVMS v3. Note, however, that the frequency ranges supported by individual 3G networks may be different than 2G, so may benefit from an antenna specifically designed for the 3G frequency ranges used.
Coupon Code and Ordering Arrangements
For existing OVMS v1 or v2 users, please login to www.openvehicles.com, then click My Account, then Vehicles. You will see the Fasttech coupon code next to your registered vehicle. When using the Fasttech ordering system, add the products you want to your cart, click View Cart, then “Have a coupon code?” to enter the code.
We expect the first stock to arrive next week, and first shipments will start pretty soon after that.
Should you wish to donate to the project, you can use this link to donate via PayPal: