When trying to access www.openvehicles.com:6869/api/ using a curl command I get "Authentication failed" even though the user name and password are correct. Has something on the server end changed?
The REST API listens on port 6868.
I get this result for port 6868.
root@raspberrypi:~/OVMS# curl -v -k -c cookiejar https://www.openvehicles.com:6868/api/cookie\?xxx\&password=xxx
* Trying 184.108.40.206...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to www.openvehicles.com (220.127.116.11) port 6868 (#0)
* ALPN, offering h2
* ALPN, offering http/1.1
* Cipher selection: ALL:!EXPORT:!EXPORT40:!EXPORT56:!aNULL:!LOW:!RC4:@STRENGTH
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS header, Certificate Status (22):
* TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
* Curl_http_done: called premature == 1
* stopped the pause stream!
* Closing connection 0
curl: (35) error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
…and the V2 server REST API does not support SSL, and your call is missing the username parameter.
Is there any documentation or samples for accessing the server data?
Note: the simpleclient page has been removed from the current openvehicles.com site, so can currently only be used for cars on my server.
Another note: SSL support is actually possible and would be on port 6869, but needs a certificate. I'll try to add this on my server.
OK, SSL support is now available on my server:
Yes, it working now. Thank you!
The OVMS (Open Vehicle Monitoring System) team is a group of enthusiasts who are developing a means to remotely communicate with our cars, and are having fun while doing it.