Hardware: OVMS v3.2, the date of production (as printed on PCM board): 2021.03.25.
About a month ago GSM and GPS suddenly stopped working.
Version: 3.3.002/ota_1/main (build idf v3.3.4-848-g1ff5e24b1b Mar 7 2022 07:33:16)
Hardware: OVMS WIFI BLE BT cores=2 rev=ESP32/1; MODEM SIM5360
The symptoms of failure
1. No GPS lock.
2. No GSM modem connection - the modem is at endless PowerringOn state:
Network Registration: Unknown
Signal: 0 dBm
User Data: 0
State Timeout Goto: PoweringOn (in 8 seconds)
Mux: Not running
PPP: Not running
GPS: Not running
After some tests I have managed to get the device to function properly again. The procedure was as follows:
- Dismount the plastic case to get to the PCM board.
- Apply power to the main PCM board using MicroUSB connector.
- Reset SIM5360E expansion card by long pressing (ie. about 5-10 seconds) S1 button placed on the top of the SIM.com card.
- Reeply power and see modem working and GPS obtaining a lock.
My suspion is that there is not enough power delivered over OBDII, so I connected MicroUSB cable permanently (eventually using PowerBank).