Apple asked for a demo video, so we made one. Thought it might be useful for you guys as well, to see the App in use. It gives a short overview of OVMS (including the car, server and app parts), then a demonstration of the OVMS App in use. Sorry for the blurry-cam, 360p only - this was rushed.
We are pleased to say that the first batch of OVMS hardware kits for developers is now available.
The development kits consists of:
- Version 1 OVMS controller board and expansion ports;
- Quad-band SIM900 modem board, customized for piggy back connectivity with the OVMS controller board;
- GSM car antenna with an approximately 4 feet long connection cord;
- Plastic case with customized support legs for secure installation of both OVMS and GSM boards; and
- Connection cable with diagnostic port connector for the Tesla Roadster.
Current shipping status:
- The kit is in stock and ships in 3 working days. Log in to your order history page for an online tracking number, and then track your package here.
This page is for ordering the customized SIM900 GSM module.
Click here for the complete OVMS kit for Tesla Roadster.
The first betas for the Android App are now being released.
Requirements (for this beta) are:
- Screen with WVGA (800 x 480) or higher resolution (future release will support lower res screens)
- Android OS 2.3.3 or higher (future release supports Android 2.2+)
The App only requires Internet Access permission only.