OVMS v3.1 First Batch sold out within 5 hours

The idea for this first production batch was to make this batch of 120, and get them in the field in the hands of developers and technical competent people; anything else, and the developers would most likely be swamped with dealing with support and installation issues. The plan then is to wait a couple of weeks to ensure no hardware issues (either design or production), and if ok, then to proceed with a larger second batch.

A short update on OVMS

We are working hard on OVMS v3. The development environment for the microcontroller we chose for v3 has finally stabilised to a point where we can rely on it. There will be a new revision of hardware silicon around the end of 2017Q1 and we'll most likely try to time the first production releases of OVMS v3 to use that as soon as it is available. But, the good news is that we have the production development environments available now, and the CAN driver (although early beta) is working well. All the components are finally in place and usable.